Home > Australia, Business, Life, Review, Social Commentary, Writing > Coffee shop? Really?

Coffee shop? Really?

Imagine my surprise, when my new boss led me in between and behind old buildings and under a boom gate for our first team meeting over coffee. Coffee shop? Where? Is this some peculiar initiation ceremony for writers?

Squeeze through a little gap to get around it, or just go under it. All in the name of coffee...

What was even more surprising, was that we couldn’t get a seat. It was packed.

Wooden bench seats & tables inside and coffee machines screaming their own happy tune. Brisbane's hip new place for caffeine.

What does this say about Brisbane’s sophisticated coffee-drinking set? Would you like to get mugged with your coffee, or would you like your coffee in a mug?

Now that I’m back in the city working, after a long stint in the burbs, I’d appreciate any tips on places to go. Do you know of any cool places?

P.S. This place is somewhere around Elizabeth St Brisbane. Have fun trying to find it!

Advertisements
  1. Dan
    February 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Haha… now that is a coffee shop!

Hmm, are there any coffee shops left after the floods?!

You know instead of a coffee shop, find your self a good pub, then you at least have all options open to you šŸ™‚

• February 13, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Brisbane is getting back on its feet after the floods in quick time, so there are plenty of places reopening.

Suggestions for good pubs welcome…

2. Dan
    February 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Teresa do you have a twitter account?

• February 13, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I don’t do Twitter, Dan. I did set up an account ages ago under the name Law_scribe or something like that, but haven’t used it since and would be flat out remembering my user name and password!

3. bagnidilucca
    February 13, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Brisbane is trying to get its laneways working – a bit like Melbourne. I think it is a great idea. Burnett Lane has some big things happening soon. Hopefully when I get back in May new things will be open. I think it will help make the city more interesting.

• February 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Thanks for the tip! It is exciting that Brisbane’s ‘moving forward’ (to borrow a certain PM’s fav expression). I just wish it did fashion like Milan (your blog photos were divine).

1. No trackbacks yet.