Home > Australia, Business, Review > Hip new Italian eating – Vapiano

Hip new Italian eating – Vapiano

Looking for a trendy Italian place to eat, in Brisbane? Something different? Faster than the usual restaurant experience?

Check out Vapiano on Albert Lane.

They cook your food as you order it, in front of you. This brings an element of theatre to your dining experience.

The setup is innovative, but it helps to plan your visit if you need to get in and out in a lunchtime. The place is buzzing until about 1:30pm on any given weekday.

You line up for pasta, pizza or salad - no table service, no mixed orders

A fresh fry pan for every order & fresh food, fast

Pasta, made daily, on the premises

Gluten-free gnocchi with chicken breast, onion, pesto, baby spinach in a cream sauce (Pollo e spinaci)

The food was luscious, the service, enthusiastic and the ambiance, loud and fun. There wasn’t a complaint to be heard.

Buon appetito!

Advertisements
Categories: Australia, Business, Review
  1. Tina
    March 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm

It sounds great! I will have to try it out sometime.

• March 28, 2011 at 8:58 am

I went with people from work for a birthday lunch & thoroughly enjoyed it. Would like to try it on a weekend, when I’ll have time to try dessert…

2. March 28, 2011 at 1:24 am

I went there just before I left for Italy – it is a great spot.

• March 28, 2011 at 9:06 am

Glad to hear you like it too – you would know Italian food better than most … If you come across a good recipe or restaurant in Brisbane serving a creamy roast capsicum sauce on ravioli, let me know – I had it once at Pane e Vino a decade ago and haven’t had the pleasure since.

• March 28, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I have not seen this yet, but I will certainly look out for it.

• March 28, 2011 at 3:21 pm

It was an exciting find.

3. March 28, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Hi Theresa,
    Sounds like a great place to get some decent fresh food, so hard to find a place with not only good food but good service as well, Thanks for the heads up. 🙂

• March 28, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Nothing worse than slack or surly service. The staff are on their toes the whole time – there’s nowhere to hide!

1. No trackbacks yet.